Friday, April 27, 2012

Building Challenge Update

I'm actually remembering to post this week!  Yay!  This week is sort of a hodgepodge, though.  I hope to get back to "organized" building challenges next week.

LEGOBoy made a cool model that I keep forgetting to post, so I'll start there.  Here's his microscale Optimus Prime in vehicle mode.

Optimus Prime, by LEGOBoy
It took him no time at all to whip up this model, which is pretty impressive.  He also designed it so the cab is easily detached from the trailer, as shown in the picture below.  Gotta love his attention to detail.


A few weeks ago I posted this picture of a partially constructed modular building I started.


I'm happy to report that building has progressed.  Here's what it looks like now:

Modular Residence, by LEGOMom
I finished the second floor, redesigned the front light, and have started the roof.  It still needs landscaping though.  It's very plain compared to the complicated facades that LEGO comes up with, but overall I'm satisfied with it.  I wanted a residential property to squeeze next to the LEGO buildings, and this fits the bill.

That's the latest from here.  Thanks for dropping in for a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...