Friday, May 4, 2012

Building Challenge #13

Happy Friday once again!  This week we managed to choose a building challenge theme, and one of us got around to completing a model.  One of us got sidetracked by a microscale building project.  Anyway...


Building Challenge #13 - A Monumental Task

This week we decide to try and recreate a famous monument.  I had trouble trying to decide what to make, and ended up being the one who got sidetracked.  LEGOBoy, however, came up with a great model - the Washington Monument.

Washington Monument, by LEGOBoy

I had to try and darken up the background so you could see the monument part of it in the picture.  We didn't have the piece he wanted for the top of the monument - he wanted a four-sided slope.  I was able to convince him that the cone was a good enough alternative.


I love how he did the flags and the reflecting pool.  He hasn't seen the monument in person yet, and I thought he did a great job.  I suspect he might change a few things up once he does get to see the real thing.

Oh!  I forgot!  We have a first-model-ever to show from LEGOGirl, who is a year-and-a-half old.  It's kind of like a monument or statue.

Monument, by LEGOGirl
I made the underlying structure of it, and walked away.  LEGOGirl added all her Princess & Pooh friends and carried it over to show me.  I think she did a great job!  It's hard for her to get everyone standing so close to each other like that.  So there you have it - LEGOGirl's first model!

Enjoy your weekend - here's hoping it's LEGO-filled and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...