Thursday, December 6, 2012

Completed Project - The Red Brick Manor

Here's my latest LEGO project!  I haven't done any significant building in awhile.  When I started this I really had no clear direction.  I knew I wanted to make a house for LEGOGirl to play with, but that's it.  (She's really getting into the whole dollhouse phase.)

This is one of those rare times when everything just seemed to click.  I did a little bit of tearing down/rebuilding here and there, but for the most part, this went smoothly.  Anyway, here it is...



The 1st floor and 2nd floor are both removable, which made it much easier to decorate, and also a little easier for LEGOGirl to play with.  She likes to be able to get at EVERYTHING.

Now for the closeups...


1st Floor Wide Shot - 2nd Floor removed
Living Room
Kitchen
What's behind that door?
Puppy!
Baby's Room
My camera's battery was dying, so unfortunately I didn't get a better shot of the Baby's Room.  The chair in the back turned out well, and there's a dresser back there with a teddy bear and bottle on it.  On the right is a shelf with a train on it.  

Bathroom
Bathroom
Bedroom
I enjoyed constructing the beds.  The mattress part is a stack of 1x4 bricks on their side.
Bedroom
Right Side
Left Side
I debated decorating the house for Christmas.  With the color scheme I think it would look really cute.  If I get around to that, I'll post some more pics.  Thanks for taking a look!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I'm a lego collector in Hamburg NY and I stumbled across your site while looking for local groups and shows. Although I couldn't find any it's still nice to know there's a community of builders here. Including this guy! :D

    http://www.usahockeymagazine.com/article/2012-01/leave-his-legos-alone

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...