Friday, February 10, 2012

Building Challenge #6

It's Friday, so that means it's time for the next building challenge!

  

I was a little intimidated by this one, but my husband & son both jumped right in, so I had to follow.  

Building Challenge #6 - Mosaic

We want you to create a mosaic of anything, any size.  If you feel like you would need a little help on this one, there's a great LEGO app for the iPhone called LEGO Photo.  It turns any picture into a mosaic.  As you tap the screen, it shows you your image in different color schemes.  Then you can save the picture to your photo library.  I used the image it provided as the template for my mosaic, although I did adjust the colors a bit.





Here's my inspiration model for this week - a mosaic of Calvin's buddy, Hobbes!

Image from my iPhone using LEGO Photo App.


The actual completed mosaic - Hobbes, by LEGOMom.


LEGOBoy crafted a mosaic of Jay, the Ninja of Lightning from Ninjago.  That's Jay stealthily hiding in the lower right corner  The white streaks are bolts of lightning.

Jay, by LEGOBoy

And LEGODad used his iPhone to help him with his self-portrait.  He's planning on using the image as an online avatar.  

Self-portrait, by LEGODad
Hobbes was my first mosaic, and it was tricky.  It took quite a bit of time, and it's hard to keep your perspective.  After working for awhile it looks only like blobs of color and you forget what you're trying to create!  If you've never tried this art form before, now's the time to go for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...